Sunday, March 2, 2014

Your heart is beating faster and faster while the room starts to spin. You are starting to turn pale, it feels as if someone has walked up to you and punched as hard as they could taking the breath right out of you! You try to keep breathing  but with each breath you take it is harder then the last. The walls start to close in and your line of sight starts to go dark with the feeling that your world is falling apart. You know this feeling oh so well, you have dealt with it most of your life. Instead of making Anxiety your enemy you have welcomed him into your life, getting used to the damage and thinking you have to always live with it. Instead of fighting him you offered him coffee and a front row seat to your life. You have made him your best friend, letting him control your every thought and action.  He is always there to ruin your day, to take over and rule your world.  If you suffer from anxiety you know the feelings I just described all to well. You think he has to control you but he doesn't. 
I have suffered from anxiety for all of my life. Some days are better then others but even on good days he is still there in the back of my mind telling me things I should or shouldn't be worrying about. Something I have learned over many years is that my freedom lies in God.  I can try to find help in medication (which can still be helpful) or food. I could even try to find freedom in an earthly someone. But that will never work. The sooner I understand and realize that I can't control anything in my life and that the God who made everything is protecting and looking out for me the closer I get to realizing my freedom is in Christ. The more I understand that whatever happens to me from sickness to bad grades first must come through Gods hands before it gets to mine. He loves me more then I can begin to fathom and he will always do things for me that is for my best interests even if it hurts and doesn't make since.
 I invite you to go on this journey with me! Please join me while I find my freedom from anxiety in Jesus. Let us together break the grip of anxiety and show him who is in charge!! Feel free to share this blog and even post things of your own. We are going to be on this journey together and the more support the better!
Psalms 23 1-4 "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

No comments:

Post a Comment